Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I keep telling Ian that I'm going to post pictures of the furniture I re-made, so here they are:


I found this chair in the dumpster - it had a broken seat.  I put a new seat on it, re-finished the wood, and re-upholstered the seat and seat back.




This is a "before" picture of the chair I turned into an ottoman. (It was a freebee too.)

I re-finished the wood, cut the arms off and put an upholstered top on it.
The "donut" center was Jason's idea so that he would have somewhere to put his drink. ;-)

It was a fun project and I learned how much work it is to strip and re-finish wood.  Maybe it will be a little easier next time!  The upholstery part was fun - I had to kind of wing it.  I did take an upholstery class, so I had the gist of what I needed to do! 

2 comments:

The Hunter Family said...

Are you sure the doughnut isn't for "gas" release instead of a cup holder??!! If I know Jason....

The Gibbons' in Sunny California! said...

That is disgusting!