Friday, April 4, 2014

Jessie is 5!

On Monday, Jessie turned 5! I can't believe she is getting so grown up already! She is my independent thinker, picky eater, and my little grocery shopping buddy - I will miss her company when she starts Kindergarten next year :-( But, I am so excited for her and I know she will LOVE school!

Today, she had a check up and her Kindergarten shots. The CMA said she didn't think she has ever had a patient who helped hold up their own sleeve while getting shots. Not a single tear or even a flinch - I'm so proud! :-)

She is 40 lbs (53rd %tile) and 43.75 inches tall (75th %tile).

The kids always get to pick what type of cake they want (I do my best to oblige them!).
This year Jessie asked for a strawberry butterfly cake with Grammie's berries on it - she wanted to go outside to pick the berries herself. After I told her they wouldn't be ready to pick for a few months, we settled on Grammie's frozen berries. I found a great strawberry and cream cheese frosting on Pinterest - now a family favorite. It was a success and the birthday girl was thrilled.
Presents and cheese pizza finished the day off.









No comments: