Monday, December 6, 2010

Lots 'O Turkey!

We spent Thanksgiving at my parents house in western Washington - it is becoming a tradition that we would all like to continue. It's usually the last good time to travel over four mountain passes, I get to go shopping with my Mom and engorge myself in the abundance of clothing choices, and Jason gets to process all the fruits of his hunting labor (with Dad's help) by making summer sausage and pepperoni in my Dad's smoke house.
However, this year, while avoiding sub-zero temps back in Great Falls, we had snow and sub-freezing temps in Washington. Which led to a very long, stressful 17-hour trip home with snow almost the entire way!
It was worth the stressful driving to spend time with Grammy and Pa on the farm and my brother and his family for a few days.

Dad carving the 24-pounder that came with the "Turkey Dinner for 20" my parents bought at an auction. We all love the home-cooked Thanksgiving, but it was a treat not to have to spend two days cooking (we still had a lot of clean-up)!
The Fam:
Jessie in the front, Grammy, Amy, Jason, Julie, Ian, Gracie, Cal, Emmett, & Pa (on the Kiddie side of the table :-). My other nephew, Bennett, slept through dinner, so he's not pictured.

Visiting my Grandpa Joe Thanksgiving morning. We took him homemade pie - his favorite.
Other fun stuff we did this week:





Our Little Cowgirl

He wasn't totally convinced that this is a fun activity, but at least he tried it! :0)

No comments: