Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ducky



Finally, after 5 years of heat and birdless borderlands I'm in a region where every creature worth chasing is within a 1 hour drive. Today I dusted off the duck call and brown camo coat to see if I could remember just how far to lead a green-head flying 20 yards out, left to right at 15mph...

With my trusty companion

I took a co-worker out with me too, and as he didn't have any decoys to contribute, I set him up with 1 bag of decoys on his back and another bag turned backwards carried on his front. When he turned sideways it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen, but no photo at 4 a.m. About a 20min walk through 6in of water.

Like riding a bike...
Open prairie with little elevation - haven't hunted ducks in something that looked like an open grassland but there was water, and ducks, everywhere.
Happy hunting

1 comment:

Ian said...

3.87 feet....duh. How could you forget that??