Monday, July 13, 2009

Busy Weekend

I'm starting to feel the crunch to get some projects done before the first snow flies - who knows when that will be around here! Jason and I washed the outside of the house and the windows - we're not quite done, but I hope to finish next weekend. Jason built a gate for our strawberry patch and got a few other projects done - we're still putting the camping gear away! There won't be much getting done this week as Jason left for Anchorage today and won't be back until late on Saturday night.
We did take a break from work on Sunday and took the kids to a Family Fun Day at the CM Russell museum - all the activities were cowboy themed (CM Russell is a famous cowboy artist). They had a great time and we look forward to taking them again next year.


The kids barrel racing on the stick horses they made.

Gracie roping a cow.

The kids tooled a leather bracelet for me - they both loved the pounding!


We FINALLY had a chance to offer Jessie a bottle with mommy's milk and she didn't even flinch-she just gulped it right down. She was even holding the bottle by herself! We are definitely going to do that again - soon! We never could get Emmett to take a bottle (so I could get away), so I'm hoping that maybe I'll be able to get out a little more (by myself!) if Jessie will keep taking a bottle.

1 comment:

pjnzc said...

that's great about the bottle. i think my downfall was keeping it up before they get wiser.