I found this chair in the dumpster - it had a broken seat. I put a new seat on it, re-finished the wood, and re-upholstered the seat and seat back.
This is a "before" picture of the chair I turned into an ottoman. (It was a freebee too.)
I re-finished the wood, cut the arms off and put an upholstered top on it.
The "donut" center was Jason's idea so that he would have somewhere to put his drink. ;-)
It was a fun project and I learned how much work it is to strip and re-finish wood. Maybe it will be a little easier next time! The upholstery part was fun - I had to kind of wing it. I did take an upholstery class, so I had the gist of what I needed to do!